But today I am home, and we're going to go purchase some seeds so I can get some of the vegetables started. I'm going to aim to purchase everything I am planting as far as veggies today, but with the understanding that most I will not be planting until May. Which is coming faster than I sometimes think.
So, the veggie list for this year:
- bush beans: 'Royal Burgundy'
- beets: 'Detroit Dark Red'
- carrots: 'Sweetness III'
- radish: 'Early Scarlet Globe'
- butterhead lettuce: 'Bibb'
- peppers: 'Long Red Cayenne'
- tomatoes: 'Roma VF'
- brussels sprouts: 'Long Island Improved'
- shallots: 'Ambition'
Also on the way from Veseys is a black currant shrub ('Black Wellington') which I intend to stick in the back corner of the yard near the veggie plots.
I'll post shortly on the plans for the front yard, which have been gestating through a very snowy Ottawa winter...